Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hot Springs, NC

I've spent the last couple days in Hot Springs, NC. First waiting for a replacement rain jacket (mine was defective and was absorbing water instead of repelling it). Then waiting for friends to catch up. Last night they did catch up and I figured I'd tell you all about the town since I've been here so long.



 Town is very small, but very hiker friendly. Almost every store in town will hold packages for hikers so we can get our resupplies from home. Taken from just after the bridge you can almost see the end of town in this picture.









The French Broad river goes directly through town, as a result, several hikers have taken some Dollar General pool floats and some beer down the river to get out of the heat. Beer is very popular in town with hikers, lots of calories and long periods of exercise with no beer makes us all lightweights.









This is the most recent picture of me, taken this morning. I'm growing a beard, but it's only 1 month so it is not that long. I was camping at the edge of town, but tonight I sleep in a bed!










Hot Springs is a designated trail community, and we walk directly through town so the sidewalk has these AT markers set into it. So no white blazes in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment