Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Celebrities on the Trail

I was sitting outside of my motel room in Erwin, TN last night with my current hiking partner, Bueller. (He can be seen in a previous post playing his accordion.) All of a sudden a car pulls up and a petite women jumps out. She asks if my buddy is Bueller. Apparently she had heard Bueller was in Erwin,TN from Whiteblaze.net (the go to website about the AT) and when she saw a guy playing the accordion she had to find out if it was him. A few minutes into the conversation we find out the Bueller has become a minor celeb on the AT this year. AT enthusiasts are all following the whereabouts of the Thru-hiker who carries an accordion in a second backpack across his chest and almost everyone has already heard about Bueller in the Backpacking community. For the past week I thought i was hiking with a cool and funny guy, the whole time I'm hiking with an AT Celeb. Now when we introduce ourselves to other hikers the most common response is either "Ohh, your Bueller" or "Your the guy with the accordion".

1 comment:

  1. Hey Adam enjoying your blog. Teaching Mema and Gramps how to follow, Grow some hair...keep us posted. Liz

    ReplyDelete