Monday, July 9, 2012

Since i've last posted

 I hiked in 4 states in four days. On July 1st I crossed from Virginia into West Virginia. On July 2nd I left Harpers Ferry into Maryland. Spent all July 3rd in Maryland. On July 4th I officially crossed into the north entering PA.
 I also got some free beer from some picnickers in a state park on the 4th. Although not pictured here I was told I have to drink a Sam Adams, "Because he signed the Declaration of Independence".
 On July 5th I reached the official halfway marker, same distance from Springer and Katahdin.
 I caught up with Strawberry Moonshine on the 5th. We celebrated our halfway mark with the traditional "Half-Gallon Challenge"
 We each tried to eat a half -gallon of Ice-cream each.
 I completed mine in 1 hour and 6 minutes. Slow...yes, but I finished. Can you say that?
,
 My prize for completing the challenge. Strawberry made a gallant effort and ate 1/2 of her half-gallon. Before anyone asks, My flavor was vanilla (It's my favorite, I don't care if you think it is boring.) and it was 1,900 calories. And yes, even with my hiker-hunger I felt a little sick, but satisfied.
 It has been very hot, several days at or over 100 degrees. so here are some hikers relaxing in front of the regional ATC headquarters in Boiling Springs, PA. escaping the heat.
Several of my friends enjoying trail magic. Cold Sodas in a shady tunnel underneath a bridge.

Well, that's all for now folks.
(Insert Merry Melodies Tune)

No comments:

Post a Comment