Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mission Accomplished!!!



 On Friday, October 5th I hiked into Baxter State Park. This picture was taken 5.1 miles from the end of the AT. The Mountain above my head Baxter peak of Katahdin


 On the morning of October 6th I Summited katahdin. It was raining, but luckily it can't rain when your inside a cloud.
 
James and Christina, my good friends from home came up to hike the summit with me.
James brought up a good bottle of bourbon for me to celebrate at the summit.
James also brought up cigars for me. Bourbon and cigars on top of a mile high mountain, now that's a victory dance.
My trail friends Yogi, BooBoo, Old Tomato and Myself at the summit sign.



 
Yogi, AtomBomb, BooBoo, and OldTomato. This picture was taken just after we returned to the camp at the bottom of Katahdin.
I'll be putting up more pictures and stories of my trip as I get settled in back at home.For now though, mission accomplished...AT Complete.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Adam. It's great to see that you completed you journey of so many miles. It was a pleasure getting to know you for only a brief time here in Georgia. Welcome back to the not so real world. Again Congratulations.

    The Sherpa Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Atom Bomb! Found your site a while ago and I've been meaning to leave a comment. Congrats on the thru! It was really great meeting you and Duck Soup in the Whites. I did a photo montage and it has some great shots of you both. Hope you are well.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zTRURYRm74

    Chef Boyardee

    ReplyDelete