Friday, September 7, 2012

White Mountians Adventures

         I've been hiking in the White Mountians National Forests.  Having an amazing time with some great weather. As I approached Mt. Washington along the Presidentials Range I had calm skies and beautiful views as I hiked above tree line all day. With the Whites being notorious for high winds and cloudy peaks; being able to see some great views while hiking was a treat. At Lakes of the Clouds hut I was able to work for stay; this gave me the chance to spend the night above treeline at 5,000 ft above sea level with an amazing sunset and 1.4 miles to summit Mt. Washington. When I awoke in the morning Lakes Hut and Washington above it had been consumed by the clouds overnight< so no view from the highest point in the Northeast.
          Hiking In the Whites has been the most exciting and enjoyable part of my entire trek. Unfortunately I've worn the soles off my boots, so today i'm working on getting them resoled and buying new shoes to finish with. Also, coming into Gorham, NH. About 15 miles form the Maine border, last state to go 298miles!! I took several falls on some wet rocks yesterday, I think I bruised the muscles so I'm Zeroing today to rest so I can head out tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment