Friday, March 30, 2012

Intro to my adventure

I'm sitting in a motel room in Dahlonega,GA; probably my last night indoors for the foreseeable future. My mother is asking me motivating questions like "When did you first start thinking about hiking the trail?" in order to help me write an intro to my blog. The truth is that I don't need help writing this intro. Every since I spent 12 days hiking in the backcountry of Philmont in New Mexico I've dreamt of doing a longer duration hike on the A.T. As I prepared to graduate from UConn, I tried to arrange a thru-hike with several friends from college. Even with those guys each hiking a section of the trail with me, the plans still fell through. After almost four years of working and paying off student loans I've finally finished off my student loan debt. Now I am going to start the adventure of a lifetime. With 2,000 plus miles ahead of me I am looking forward to countless elevation changes, hiking in sun & rain and traveling from Georgia till I arrive in Maine, all while carry about 30lbs of food, water and gear. I can only think of 1 or 2 other times in my life that I have been this excited AND this scared, but just like in my past I'm sure it will be worth it. AND IT ALL STARTS FIRST THING TOMORROW. -Adam

1 comment:

  1. Take one day at a time. Know that there is a lot of positive energy flowing your way from CT drawing you home and beyond to Maine! Bob and Cathee

    ReplyDelete